Theresa Cuff is an Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), keeping abreast of the management and marketing trends in the real estate industry, legal and legislative issues, and providing practical advice from other experienced real estate practitioners. Consumers should look for Realtors who proudly display these designations which are the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation services:
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- New York State Association of Realtors (NYSAR)
- Real Estate Buyer Agent Council (REBAC)
What is a Real Estate Buyer's Agent?
A real estate buyer's agent represents the consumer who is purchasing the property in the real estate transaction. This agent owes full fiduciary responsibilities, duties and loyalty to the real estate buyer. The buyer's agent works for the buyer client and has the clients best interests in mind through out the entire real estate transaction process.
Why Use a Real Estate Buyer's Agent?
As a consumer, how often do you buy real estate property? Once, twice, three times in your lifetime? Purchasing real estate is a complex and major transaction with many details to be handled. In the majority of cases the seller will be represented by an agent. Wouldn't you want to have complete and fair representation in the real estate transaction?
The real estate buyer agent is responsible to protect their clients' best interests. Research by the National Association of Realtors has shown that when a buyer agent is used, the prospective buyer found their home one week faster and examined three more properties than those consumers who did not use a buyers agent.
The Benefits of Using a Buyer's Agent
There are many confidences with which a Buyer's Agent will provide you:
- Evaluate the specific needs and wants of the buyer and locate properties that fit those specifications.
- Assist the buyer in determining the amount that they can afford (pre-qualify) and show properties that price range and locale the consumer has determined.
- Assist in viewing properties and either accompany the client on the showings or preview the properties on behalf of the client to insure that the identified specifications are met.
- Research the selected properties to identify any problems or issues to help the consumer in making an informed decision prior to making an appropriate offer on the property.
- Advise the client on structuring an appropriate offer to purchase the selected property
- Present the offer to the sellers agent and seller on the clients behalf.
- Negotiate on behalf of the buyer client to help obtain the identified property. Keep in mind that the buyer agent will be doing so with their clients best interests in mind.
- Review and explain all legal documents to their buyer client.
- Recommendations and assistance in securing appropriate financing for the selected property.
- Provide a list of potential qualified vendors e.g. movers, attorneys, carpenters if these services are needed by the consumer.
Most importantly, the buyer knows that they are fully represented throughout the entire real estate transaction.
Customized Real Estate Services
We are a company comprised of trained professional real estate sales representatives who will get results for our customers and clients. These are the key factors that have enabled Theresa Cuff to remain as one of the top producing real estate agents for over 30 years. We offer:
- Knowledge - We keep abreast of marketing conditions nationally & locally.
- Financing - Our expertise includes customized financing to allow you to purchase the property that meets your personal & financial needs.
- Benefits - We will show you the personal financial benefits of home ownership.
- Service - Our agents are trained to locate the property that is "right" for you.
At Theresa Cuff Realty you will always know your "Buyer's Bill of Rights"
- Understand the needs of a buyer.
- Offer buyer full representation.
- Assist buyer in obtaining financing.
- Show properties that are suitable for the buyer's wants and needs.
- Provide up-to-the-minute access to property information.
- Frequent contact with the buyer.
- Assist buyer in structuring of offer and negotiations.
- Receive personalized service.
- Buyer's Agent will help in making a decision to purchase.
- Buyer's Agent will identify any problems and issues.
Call or contact our office to put Terry Cuff or one of our Buyer Agents to work finding your next property!